Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie
- prep time90 min
- total time 90 min
- serves 6 - 8
A delicious and impressive appetizer made with puff pastry, Brie, cranberries and pecans.
1 medium Brie cheese round (5 to 6 inches)
½ cup cranberry juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
½ cup whole dried cranberries
½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 17-oz box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Crackers, for serving
1. Put the cheese in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to chill.
2. Bring the cranberry juice and brown sugar to a boil in a small saucepan and add the cranberries. Turn off the heat and let the cranberries plump for about 10 minutes. Transfer them with a slotted spoon to a bowl, add the pecans, honey and cinnamon and mix together.
3. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
4. Roll one of the sheets of puff pastry thinner with a rolling pin. Place the cheese on the center of the pastry. Top the cheese with the cranberry-nut mixture. Bring the edges of the pastry to the center and press together; brush the edges with the egg wash so they adhere.
5. Cut three 1-inch-thick strips from the remaining puff pastry sheet. Cross the first 2 strips on top on the cheese so they intersect in the center like a ribbon wrapping a present. Seal the edges with egg wash. Bring the ends of the third strip of puff pastry up and over to create a bow shape, with the ends hanging down. Place in the center of the cheese and secure with egg wash. Brush the remaining pastry with egg wash.
6. Bake until the pastry is light golden brown, tenting it if it begins to brown too much, about 40 minutes. Let rest briefly. Serve with crackers.