Creamy Noodle Bake and Spinach Salad
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 lb(s) (900 gms) Extra Lean Ground Beef
2 can Tomato Soup (10 oz / 284 ml Each)
tsp Mrs.Dash Italian Seasoning
⅔ cup Water
¾ lb(s) Broad Egg Noodles (340 gms) like No Yolk brand
2 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 oz / 284 ml each)
1 Soup Can Filled with 1% Milk
½ Mushroom Soup Mixture
⅓ Cooked Noodles
½ the Meat Sauce
1 cup Shredded Light Cheddar Cheese
⅓ Cooked Noodles
Remaining Mushroom Soup Sauce
Remaining Meat Sauce
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Part-SkimSpinach Salad
1 Bag Washed Baby Spinach (10 oz / 283 gms)
½ cup Light Feta Cheese
1 can Mandarins (Drained) or 3 Fresh Segmented
⅒ of a Sweet Red Onion (1/8)
1 cup Cashews
Salad dressing of your choice (onion, poppy-seed or strawberry vinaigrette with this salad)
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil at high for pasta.
3. Brown ground beef in a large nonstick fry pan at med-high.
4. When meat is no longer pink, stir in tomato soup, spice and water.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add noodles to boiling water. Set timer for 3 minutes. When timer rings, rinse under hot running water to remove starch. Set aside.
6. Whisk together mushroom soup and milk in a medium size mixing bowl.
7. Layer, in a lasagna or large cake pan, in this order; 1/2 of the mushroom soup mixture, 1/3 cooked noodles (you may need to run water through the noodles again to separate them before layering), 1/2 the meat sauce, cheddar cheese, 1/3 cooked noodles, remaining mushroom soup mixture, remaining noodles, remaining meat sauce, mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake in hot oven, uncovered. Set timer for 30 minutes.Spinach Salad
1. Meanwhile: Rinse Spinach leaves in salad spinner and spin dry.
2. Drain water from bottom of spinner and transfer spinach to the spinner bowl (if you have the kind with holes in the bottom transfer spinach into a salad bowl).
3. Crumble feta cheese, drain mandarins and sliver red onion.
4. Set out cashews and other toppings in small serving dishes.
5. Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
6. You may want to use less dressing on this salad because there are already so many flavors. Give it a try with less dressing than you would normally have!