Creme of Spinach Crepe
- prep time15 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 4
Crepes are no longer out of rech, make them at home with this simple batter and filling. Courtesy of Zbigniew Chojnnacki of La Dominique Creperie.
1 ¾ cup flour, sifted
¼ tsp salt
3 egg yolks
2 cup milk
3 oz melted butterCreme of Spinach Filling
1 lb(s) frozen chopped spinach
2 clove minced garlic
1 small onion sliced
¼ cup half-and-half
3 tsp flour
3 Tbsp butter
Parmesan for topping
Roasted red peppers for topping
steamed vegetables for topping
Oil for sautéing
1. Put half of milk into mixing bowl, along with salt and egg yolks, and mix at medium speed until smooth.
2. Slowly pour remaining milk into mixture and keep mixing at a low speed. Slowly add butter and mix at medium speed.
3. Warm your frying pan. Take a paper towel, dip it in soft butter, and wipe the bottom of the frying pan so it is lightly coated.
4. Depending on your pan size, pour a paper-thin layer to cover the pan and move it around.
5. Fry until the crepe slides around the pan and flip. Cook until golden brown spots appear.
6. This mixture makes about 20 crepes.Creme of Spinach Filling
1. Put a little water at the bottom of a medium size pot. Add spinach, garlic, onion, butter, salt and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. In a separate container, mix half-and-half and flour until smooth. Pour slowly into spinach and stir it in. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Put the creme of spinach into the crepe and any steamed veggies you would like, such as broccoli, zucchini or bell pepper (all optional).
4. Fold crepe over on itself a couple times, and top it with Parmesan and roasted red peppers.