Crispy Noodle Cake with Crab Stir-Fry
- prep time30 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 0
Crispy Asian noodles topped with a mouth watering Dungeness crab stir-fry.
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cold water
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp oriental sesame oil
8 oz dried Chinese egg noodles
4 Tbsp peanut oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp ginger, grated
2 medium carrots, cut in half and then thinly sliced on the bias
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup napa cabbage, thinly chopped
4 oz of snow peas, cut on diagonal into matchstick-size strips
2 cup bean sprouts
1 lb(s) cooked dungeness crabmeat
2 large green onions, white and pale green parts minced, tops cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Stir cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water in small bowl to blend. Mix in soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
2. Add noodles to a pot of salted boiling water and cook until just tender but still firm to bite, about 3 minutes. Drain well and toss with 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Season the noodles with salt and pepper.
3. In small non-stick pan over medium-high heat, place a handful of noodles into the pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden brown and then flip and continue cooking on the other side. Remove and keep warm in 250*F oven.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or wok to high. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Add the ginger, garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add carrots, peppers, Napa cabbage, snow peas, and beans sprouts. Stir-fry until carrots are just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the Dungeness crab and scallions. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to wok. Cook until sauce thickens, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, place a crispy noodle cake on a plate and ladle the Dungeness crab stir-fry on top.