Crispy Tomatoes Provençal
- serves 0
½ lb(s) tore-bought puff pastry dough, thawed and chilled
Salt and pepperFilling
¼ cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 20-cm (8-inch) square. Place on the baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
4. Using a knife, make a small cross-shaped cut in the bottom of each tomato. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Peel the tomatoes. Slice in half horizontally and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Set aside.Filling
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
2. Using a round cookie cutter with a diameter about 2.5 cm (1 inch) larger than the tomatoes (about 10 cm/4 inches), cut 4 dough discs. Discard the trimmings and arrange the discs so they have some space between them.
3. Place a tomato half, cut side up, in the centre of each disc. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into the tomatoes. Bake for about 25 minutes.
4. Drizzle each serving with olive oil. Season with pepper.
Note: Serve as an appetizer or as a side dish with Provençal-style