Crostata Di Ricotta
- prep time1 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 12
A delicious ricotta filled cake with raisins and a hint of cinnamon.
1 ¾ cup flour
3 Tbsp semolina
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
⅓ cup sugar
½ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
2 egg, yolks
3 Tbsp cream
1 lemon, zest of
2 Tbsp cold waterFilling
⅓ cup soft butter
½ cup sugar
2 ¾ cup ricotta
1 egg, yolk
⅓ cup cream
¼ cup raisins
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 lemon, zest of
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a food processor fitted with the large blade, combine flour, semolina, salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. Add butter.
4. Pulse several times until mixture resembles course meal.
5. In a small bowl whisk together egg yolks, cream, lemon zest and water.
6. Pour into flour mixture and pulse several times. Mixture will still be loose.
7. Turn onto table or board and knead several times until mixture comes together.
8. Flatten into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.Filling
1. In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the ricotta, egg yolk and cream
3. Beat until just combined. In a separate bowl mix together raisins, cinnamon and zest.
4. Fold into ricotta mixture. Set aside.
5. Roll out dough into a 15 by 11-inch oval shape.
6. Place into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch oval dish so that pastry hangs over the edge by about 2 inches.
7. Pour in filling and fold over edges of pastry.
8. Bake for 45 minutes.