Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam
- prep time15 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 4 - 6
Slices of toasted crostini topped with a homemade sun-dried tomato jam and a herbed goat cheese spread.
1 (8-oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped, oil reserved
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 cup water
½ cup chicken broth
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepperCrostini
1 baguette, cut into 3/4-inch slices
¼ cup olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
5 oz goat cheese, room temperature
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the reserved sun-dried tomato oil, olive oil, onion, and garlic. Stir and cook until the onions are soft and beginning to brown at the edges, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the sugar, vinegar, water, chicken broth, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover and continue simmering until most of the liquid is reduced and the mixture is the consistency of jam, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.Crostini
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Place the baguette slices on the baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the baguette slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly toasted, about 8 minutes.
3. Place the soft goat cheese in a small bowl. Stir in the thyme.
4. To assemble: Spread the crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Jam and top with the goat cheese and herb mixture. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.