- prep time20 min
- total time 58 min
- serves 4
This delicious roast pork sandwich combines sweet, sour and spice! Courtesy of Tab Nguyen and Rob Ochsendorf of Rebel Heroes.
4 lb(s) pork loin
12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed preferred)
Juice of two limes
1 tsp grated lime peel
1 cup minced onion
2 tsp oregano
½ cup olive oilRebel Heroes Cubano Sandwich
4 fresh, soft baguettes
1 lb(s) ham, sliced
1 lb(s) Rebel Heroes Roast Cuban pork, sliced
½ lb(s) Swiss cheese, sliced
Dill pickles, sliced
1. Mix together garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, lime zest, onion, and oregano.
2. Pierce pork loin 8-10 times with a sharp knife or fork. Pour marinade over pork loin, place in food safe plastic bag, and put in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
3. Roast the loin uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Baste periodically with marinade. Roast until completely cooked (160 degrees Fahrenheit), about 15-20 minutes per pound. Bring pan juices and marinade to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes. These juices add great flavor to the Cubano sandwich!
4. Let cool for at least 2 hours before slicing for the sandwich.Rebel Heroes Cubano Sandwich
1. Preheat a griddle or large frying pan.
2. Cut the bread in half, spread a thin layer of mustard on both halves (mayo and/or juices from roast pork are optional) and make each sandwich with the ingredients stacked in this order: roasted pork, ham, cheese, and pickles.
3. Place the sandwich on a lightly greased hot griddle. Place a heavy skillet on top of the sandwich and press firmly to flatten. Grill the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
4. Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.