- serves 0
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely diced
2 Tbsp curry powder
splash white wine
4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 540ml can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp butter, cold
1. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat and sweat onions.
2. Add carrots and garlic, stir.
3. After garlic has browned slightly, add curry powder and stir.
4. Add a splash of white wine to deglaze pan.
5. Add tomatoes and chickpeas, stir.
6. Add chicken stock and simmer.
7. Cover with lid, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Season with salt and sugar.
9. Remove from heat, add cold butter to finish.