Dark Chocolate Mousse
- serves 4
This mousse is meant for eating right out of the bowl, not for piping or filling cakes. Its richness is sinful, but you have to let yourself have just one more bite!
8 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
5 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp sour cream, room temperature
5 egg, separated
dash of salt
1 Tbsp sugarTo Assemble
1. Melt chocolate with water, directly on low heat, stirring until smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and stir in butter and sour cream until melted.
2. Stir in egg yolks, one at a time, mixing gently and slowly.
3. Whip whites with salt to soft peaks, adding sugar once whites become foamy. Fold into chocolate mixture in thirds.
4. Pour into a serving dish or individual cups.To Assemble
1. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.