- serves 4 - 6
Courtesy of Jocelyne Mitchell of Famous Peppers.
1 (1 1/3 lb) cold-rise pizza dough
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp 35% cream
¾ cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
½ fresh mango, chopped into 1/4-inch cubes
3 (1-inch wide) pineapple rings, chopped
2 strawberries, sliced
¼ cup blueberries
1 ½ Tbsp shredded coconut
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Oil pizza dough and refrigerate in an airtight plastic container for at least an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
3. To make the maple cream sauce, stir together maple syrup, sour cream, mayonnaise, and 35% cream until smooth; set sauce aside at room temperature until assembly.
4. Remove dough from fridge, sprinkle with flour, and flatten on a clean work surface; hand-stretch dough to fit the pizza screen or pizza stone, making sure dough is of uniform thickness.
5. Spread maple cream sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch crust around the edge; sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce and top with mango, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries.
6. Finish with a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
7. Cook pizza on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
8. Remove pizza from oven and brush crust with olive oil; sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the olive oil to finish and serve.