Double Baked Potatoes with Broccoli, Corn and Shrimp
- prep time20 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4
These double baked potatoes are loaded to the brim with delicious toppings, making them a meal in themselves!
Courtesy of RICARDO Magazine.
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
¾ cup cottage cheese
¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups small broccoli florets
½ lb(s) frozen Nordic shrimp, thawed and drained
½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 tsp jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (210°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and garlic. Set aside.
3. With a fork, poke the potatoes several times. Place them on a plate. Cook in the microwave oven for about 8 minutes or until soft, turning halfway through. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Trim the base of each half so that the potatoes rest flat. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
4. With a spoon, remove about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the flesh from each potato half and set the flesh aside in a bowl. Add the cheeses to the potato flesh and combine well. Brush the insides of the potatoes with the garlic butter. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into the potato. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook the broccoli al dente. Cool under cold running water and drain. In a bowl, combine the broccoli with the shrimp, corn, jalapeno and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Spread the sour cream onto 4 serving plates. Top each with two potato halves, and garnish with the warm broccoli and shrimp mixture.