Easy Sweet Potato Fries
- prep time10 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 0
Nothing is better at hitting that "sweet" spot than homemade sweet potato fries!
Courtesy of Sue Riedl
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Peel your sweet potato. You don’t need to wash it; you want it as dry as possible to hold onto the oil.
3. Slice the potato into slabs about ½"-3/4" thick. Now, cut these slabs into strips. Consistency in size is more important than thickness.
4. In a large bowl, toss the strips with just enough oil to coat them lightly.
5. Lay the fries onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, make sure the fries are not touching (otherwise, they will become soggy). You may need more than one sheet.
6. Sprinkle with salt and some fresh ground pepper.
7. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip the fries and bake another 15 minutes. When done, the fries should be cooked through, browning and slightly blistering on the outside. Serve immediately.