Eden Grinshpan's Ratatouille
- serves 1
Dig into this fresh bowl full of chopped vegetables, tomatoes, fresh herbs and spices and a touch of harissa paste for some sweet heat.
4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, medium chop
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sweet paprika
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 egpglant, cut into medium small chunks
2 zucchinis, chopped into medium small chunks
2 tomatoes, chopped into medium small chunks
1 Tbsp tomato paste
½ Tbsp harissa paste (you can substitute with 1 tsp chili flakes)
Fresh basil, to garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large pot heat up 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Add in the onions and season well with salt and black pepper. Saute on medium low heat until they are soft and add in both the paprikas and the garlic.
3. Saute for a couple of seconds and add in the eggplant, red pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, tomato past, harissa and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top. Cover with a lid and place in a oven for 30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and sweet. Make sure to stir halfway through.
5. Garnish with fresh basil and drizzle over a little more olive.
6. Serve hot.