Escargots In Pastry Shells
- serves 4
4 store-bought, pre-baked vol-au-vent pastry shells
2 7 oz cans escargot (about 3 dozen snails)
⅔ cup heavy 35% cream (150 ml)
2 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp butter (45 ml)
½ cup white wine (125 ml)
1 bunch tarragon, chopped, to taste
1 shallot, minced
1 green onion, chopped
Fresh tarragon, for garnish
1. Melt butter in a large sauté pan.
2. Sautee minced shallots until soft, then add green onion.
3. Add chopped tarragon and cook over medium heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add snails and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Add cream and simmer for another 5 minutes or until thickened.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pastry shells, top with lid and garnish with fresh tarragon.