- serves 6
30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
1 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 English cucumber, seeded and cut into cubes
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into squares
125 mL (1/2 cup) curly-leaf parsley, chopped
12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
Salt and pepperFor the Dressing
60 mL (1/4 cup) lemon juice
60 mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
15 mL (1 tablespoon) honey
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Brush both sides of the pitas with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Lay them on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.For the Dressing
1. In a bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, including the pita pieces. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss well. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
3. Variation: Add fresh mint leaves for a brighter, fresher taste.