Fennel Stuffed Fish in Foil
- serves 0
Recipe by Doug DiPasquale, Holistic Nutritionist
2 whole medium fish (rainbow trout, stripe bass, red snapper, etc.), gutted, scaled and rinsed
1 small fennel bulb, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
2 Tbsp organic butter
Unrefined sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a boning knife, make a shallow cut along the length of the spine on both sides of the fish (this will make the fish easier to remove from the bones once cooked). Salt the inside and outside of the fish. Place butter in knobs inside the body cavity of the fish.
3. Place lemon slices and fennel evenly spaced along the inside of the cavity.
4. Wrap fish loosely in foil, shiny side in, and place on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven. Check doneness after 20 minutes.
5. To serve, cut the skin on either end of the fillet and use a firm flat spatula to remove the fillets from the bone by sliding it along the bone under the fillet. Enjoy.