Fogo Island Crab & Kina Pappardelle with Preserved Lemon
- prep time10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
1 shallot, diced
½ preserved lemon, insides removed, very finely sliced
80 g cooked crab (per person)
1 sea urchin (per person)
⅛ cup chives
Sea Urchin Butter (see below)
¼ cup Nobilo Regional Collection Sauvignon Blanc
100 g fresh pappardelle (per person)
150 g melted butter, for poaching
Chervil, to garnishSea Urchin Butter
Sea urchin (1-2 roe per person)
100 g butter
1 clove garlic
1. Sweat shallots and lemon, then deglaze with wine.
2. Add crab, reserving a large piece for garnish.
3. Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Drop reserved crab and sea urchin into butter to poach.
4. Combine pasta with lemons and shallots. Fold in crab and sea urchin butter – keep it moving to emulsify butter.
5. Add chives and season to taste. Remove crab and urchin from butter and pat dry.
6. Plate pasta garnish with crab, urchin and chervil.Sea Urchin Butter
1. Cook out shallot and garlic until soft.
2. Blend with room temperature butter and urchin. Season.
3. Chill until needed.