French Onion and Mushroom Soup with Mozzarella Gratin
- serves 0
A classic soup with the goodness of Onions, Mushrooms and Black Diamond Mozzarella. Serving in a traditional onion soup bowl adds to the charm.Courtesy of Black Diamond.
2 Tbsp (30 mL) salted butter (Lactantia)
3 cup (750 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
2 cup (500 mL) quartered, thinly sliced onions
2 Tbsp (30 mL) flour
2 can (10 oz/284 mL each) condensed beef broth
2 cup (500 mL) water
¼ tsp (1 mL) Worcestershire sauce
12 slices French baguette bread, toasted
½ pkg (100 g) Black Diamond Mozzarella, shredded
1. Melt Lactantia butter in large non-stick saucepan; cook and stir mushrooms and onions over medium heat until tender and any liquid has evaporated.
2. Blend flour; gradually stir broth, water and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 min.
5. Laddle soup into 4 oven-proof soup bowls.
6. Place 3 slices toasted bread in each bowl; top with cheese.
7. Broil until cheese is melted.