Fresh Grilled Trout with Roasted Peaches
- serves 0
6 7 oz fillets of steel head trout skin on pin bones removed and scaled
2 Tbsp olive oil
Olive oil for brushing
2 lemonsRoasted Peaches
6 free stone peaches halved and pitted
1 small red onion peeled cut in ½ inch wedges
1 Tbsp fresh sage stems removed thinly sliced
Splash of sherry vinegar
Juice of 1 large navel orange
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Brush both sides of the trout with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut the onion into ½ inch wedges keeping the onion root intact, to ensure it will hold together well on the barbeque. Drizzle olive oil on the onion and season with salt and pepper.
3. Prepare barbeque for direct medium high heat grilling (375F) (190C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
4. Place fish, peaches and onions on grill to cook simultaneously.
5. Place the fish flesh side down directly on the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until nice char marks are achieved. Sprinkle salt on the skin side.
6. Flip the fish and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the flesh of the fish starts to lose its opaque color.
7. Remove fish from grill and set aside. The lingering heat will continue to cook the fish slightly after it has been removed.
8. Serve fish hot with peach chutney.Roasted Peaches
1. Place peaches flesh side down on to the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelized. Flip and continue to cook on the skin side for 2 minutes.
2. Place onions on the grill and cook on each side 2-4 minutes until they are softened and nice golden char marks are achieved.
3. Remove peaches and onions from the grill.
4. Remove the petals of the onions from the root and mix into the peaches. Add the sage, sherry vinegar and orange juice to the mixture. Combine evenly and season with salt and pepper.