Fried Chick Peas with Secret Rub
- serves 0
The secret rub brings this chick pea dish to life, and the best part is - it's easy to make!
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp chili flakes
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garam masala
½ Tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
1 Tbsp fennel seeds, toasted
½ Tbsp curry powder
½ Tbsp salt
½ Tbsp cracked black pepperFried Chick Peas
2 cup dried chick peas, soaked overnight
2 Tbsp chana flour (chick pea flour)
1 ½ Tbsp water
1 Tbsp Secret Seasoning/Rub
1 L corn oil
1. Refer to "Fried Chick Peas" directions.Fried Chick Peas
1. Drain the soaked chick peas & cook in salted water until halfway crooked – approx. 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain and cool completely.
3. Place the cooked peas into a small bowl and add the chick pea flour with seasoning and water.
4. Pre heat oil to 345ºF.
5. Fry the coated peas in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove from hot oil and drain on absorbent paper towels.
7. Season again with Secret Seasoning/Rub and serve.