- serves 4
Delicious fried chicken served with a homemade chicken gravy. Comfort food at its best!
Courtesy of Lisa Skelton of Wallflower Modern Diner.
2 cup corn flour
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
¼ cup canola oilChicken Gravy
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup onions, sliced
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp salt (as needed)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix flour with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
4. Heat oil so that a drop of water will make the oil sizzle.
5. Add chicken thighs and cook approximately 4-6 minutes for each side, or until brown.
6. Remove from oil and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
7. Set approximately 2 tablespoons of oil aside for chicken gravy.Chicken Gravy
1. Use the remaining oil from fried chicken and sauté onions until soft.
2. Mix chicken stock and corn starch together.
3. Add chicken stock mixed with corn starch to the onions.
4. Continue to cook until gravy mixture is thick.
5. Pour chicken gravy over fried chicken. Dish is best served with mashed potatoes or French fries.