Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato, and Fontina
- prep time15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 6
Kick off your brunch or dinner with this bright and tasty dish.
6 large eggs
2 Tbsp whipping cream
½ tsp salt, plus 1 pinch
¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
12 oz asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces
1 tomato, seeded, diced
3 oz Fontina, diced
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter non-stick oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and sauté 2 minutes longer. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
5. Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
6. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.