- prep time5 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 0
With this recipe from Laura Calder you can enjoy fresh peaches, even in the cold days of winter.
1 cup sugar
½ tsp ascorbic acid
1. Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
2. Add four peaches at a time into the boiling water. Let peaches boil for 10 seconds, then transfer the peaches into an ice bath (to shock them). Repeat this process with the remaining four peaches. (Note: Blanching will make it easier to peel the peaches)
3. Peel and slice the peaches into sterilized mason jars.
4. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, add the sugar, ascorbic acid with 2 cups/500 ml water to make the syrup. Boil five minutes, then let cool. Tip: You can find ascorbic acid at the drugstore.
5. Pour the syrup into the mason jars to cover the peaches.
6. Don’t fill to the top as the contents need space to expand as they freeze.