¾ cup (175 mL) large-flaked rolled oats
½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
½ cup (125 mL) tapioca flour
½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar, loosely packed
½ cup (125 mL) dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
½ cup (125 mL) dried apricots, finely chopped
½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
½ cup (125 mL) raisins
½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
½ cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line an 8 in. (2 L) square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, blend all the dry ingredients together with fingers. Add mixture to softened butter and continue mixing with fingers until crumbly.
3. Spread into the lined baking pan and pat down firmly.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. You will know bars are ready when they are golden brown on the top.
5. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes until it is cold.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave and let cool to room temperature.
7. Spread onto cold fruit bars with a rubber spatula and return to refrigerator until chocolate is set. Cut into 24 bars.