2 cups rainbow kale, chopped
1 lb(s) dried orecchiette pasta
½ lb(s) turkey sausage, casings discarded and meat chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp + extra virgin olive oil
6 cups chicken broth
½ cup white beans
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
salt and pepper, to taste
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add 2 tablespoons salt and the kale and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool under cold running water, drain and squeeze gently to remove excess moisture. Chop coarsely and set aside.
2. Cook pasta until al dente according to the package directions.
3. Meanwhile, warm the 1/3 cup olive oil over medium-low heat. Add sausage and garlic and cook, stirring and breaking up meat with the back of a wooden spoon until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the kale and stir to combine for about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
4. In a medium pot, heat 6 cups of chicken broth to a low simmer. Add 1/2 cup white beans and heat through, about 2 minutes.
5. Add cooked sausage and kale and cooked orecchiette and heat until ingredients are hot. Serve immediately.