2 small sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, julienned
3 green onions cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
1 red pepper, julienned
¼ cup ginger, grated
3 tsp garlic, minced
3 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp chili paste
¼ cup edamame beans
½ cup hoisin sauce
½ cup peanut butter
chili paste to taste
3 sheet rice paper
9 prawns, poached and sliced in half lengthwise
¼ bunch cilantro, leaves picked from stems
1 carrot, julienned
3 green lettuce leaves
1 cup rice noodles, cooked and cooled
1. Slice the beef into thin strips and fry in a hot pan with olive oil.
2. Add carrots, peppers and onions. Add garlic and ginger. Fry until beef is cooked and carrots are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sweet chili sauce and chili paste. Add mixture to pan and simmer for 5 minutes more.
4. Serve with rice, salad rolls and edamame beans.
1. Mix hoisin sauce, peanut butter, chili paste and water together; add enough water to bring the mixture to a sauce consistency.
2. Soak the rice paper in a bowl of warm water for a few seconds, until it is easy to work with. Gently pat it dry with a towel.
3. Lay it flat and spread a thin layer of peanut sauce in a line down the middle. Layer the other ingredients on top.
4. Carefully place the rice paper over the ingredients in the middle, tucking it tightly over them creating a tube. Fold in the sides, then continue to roll until it is in the shape of a cylinder.