- serves 8 - 9
Courtesy of Bonnie Mo.
1 cup (250 mL) rich mascarpone cheese
¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
¼ cup Amaretto or Frangelico liqueur
2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
1 lb(s) (425 g) package Kookie Kutter Ginger Snaps or other thin rectangular cookies
1 cup (250 mL) strong coffee or espresso
1 cup (250 mL) or so bittersweet dark chocolate, coarsely grated
1. Spoon the mascarpone into a large bowl. Measure in the sugar and splash in the Amaretto. Whisk together evenly.
2. Pour in the cream and whisk the works vigorously until firm, creamy peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes by hand, less with a mixer. Set aside.
3. One by one, dip the gingersnaps into the coffee, immersing fully for a moment before evenly arranging in an 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish.
4. Use half the gingersnaps, forming 2 thin layers. Evenly spread a thick layer of half the mascarpone mixture over the cookies. Top with half of the grated chocolate.
5. Make 1 more layer in the same manner. Cover and chill until it firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
6. Scoop, serve, share and take a bow!