Gluten-Free Almond Flour Scones with Chocolate Chips
- prep time1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 8
Warm, chocolate gluten-free scones made with almond flour. Perfect for a weekend treat!
Courtesy of Sue Riedl and adapted from ElanasPantry.com
2 cup blanched almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
zest of 1 orange or lemon
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Combine the almond flour, chocolate chips and baking soda in a medium bowl, and mix well. Add the orange or lemon zest.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and maple syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, then mix with a spatula until everything is moistened and combined.
4. Press the dough into a 9" round, greased pan. It should be about a ½" thick.
5. Using a table, knife score the dough into 8 separate triangles — as if dividing a pie.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes (or: until browning). Cool and serve.