Goat Cheese Quiche with Prosciutto
- prep time60 min
- total time 95 min
- serves 4
A quick and easy topping from Roger Mooking that goes perfectly with the Balsamic Marinated Roast Beef.
2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
½ lb(s) cold butter, cubed
1/4-1/2 cup ice waterQuiche Filling
3 large shallots, cut in half, skins on
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cup 2% milk
3 eggs at room temperature
4 sprig thyme, leaves picked
½ cup goat cheese, crumbled (4 oz)
2 cup baby arugula
6 piece of thinly sliced prosciutto
salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, place flour, salt and butter. Using the tips of fingers mix until ingredients resemble coarse corn meal.
2. Add iced water a little at a time until dough just comes together.
3. Remove dough from bowl, form in a disc, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375F.
5. Lightly flour work surface, roll out dough and place in pan with a removable bottom. Allow dough to hang over edges.
6. Trim edges slightly, still leaving an overhang of dough and poke bottom of pastry with a fork.
7. Place crust on baking tray and cover bottom of pastry with tin foil. Fill with dried beans or pastry weights and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
8. Remove tin foil and beans, place pastry back in oven until bottom is golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, while pastry is still hot brush a thin layer of quiche egg mixture over bottom to seal.Quiche Filling
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Place shallots in a small sauté pan skin side up, coat with olive oil, season with salt and roast for 30 minutes until tender.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
4. Peel skins from shallots and set aside.
5. Place milk in a pot over low heat until scalded, set aside.
6. In a bowl, whisk eggs, thyme, salt and pepper until incorporated. Slowly pour warm milk into egg mixture, continue whisking.
7. Scatter roasted shallots and goat cheese into the base of the pastry crust.
8. Pour egg mixture into Quiche Pastry. Bake in oven for approximately 20-30 minutes, until custard has set.
9. Remove Quiche from oven and allow to cool. Slice into portions and place arugula and prosciutto over Quiche.