Grainy Mustard-Glazed Ham
- prep time1 min
- total time 180 min
- serves 8
A gorgeous ham smothered in grainy dijon mustard and a sweet mango chutney.
1 fully cooked bone-in smoked ham, 12 to 15 lb
1 341 mL bottle beer
⅔ cup strained mango chutney
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup grainy Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
1. Place ham, meaty side up, in roasting pan; pour beer over ham. Cover with foil, tucking around pan to keep in beer aromas. Roast in 325°F oven for 2 hours, basting occasionally with beer.
2. Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together chutney, sugar, Dijon and dry mustards, ginger and vinegar. Set aside.
3. Remove ham from oven. Slide sharp knife under skin and lift off gently. Trim fat layer to 1/4 inch. Diagonally score fat side of ham in diamond pattern.
4. Brush about one-third of the mustard mixture over ham. Roast, brushing twice more with mustard mixture, until crusty and rich caramel brown and meat thermometer registers 140°F, about 1 hour.
5. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.