Grilled Ceasar Salad
- serves 0
YIELD: 6 Servings
2 Heads of Romaine cut in half lengthwise (washed)
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
8 slices pancetta (cooked and crispy)
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 cup your favourite croutonDressing
1 whole head of roasted garlic
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
A few drops of Tabasco sauce
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp mayonnaiseTo Assemble
1. To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously until combined. Place in the refrigerator. If you prefer a creamy dressing add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
2. Cut the whole washed heart in half lengthwise. Drizzle Romaine halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat 350-375°F (180-190°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
4. Place the romaine (cut side down directly) on the grill. Cook for 1 minute or until nice char marks are achieved. Flip romaine and watch closely. You want the inside of the lettuce to be cool but the outside charred and smokey.
5. Remove romaine from the grill.
6. Roughly chop the salad, toss with the dressing and garnish with the bacon, cheese and croutons.