Grilled Chicken Couscous with Apricots and Pistachio
- prep time10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4 - 6
A Moroccan-inspired dish with succulent grilled chicken and sweet apricots.
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 ½ cups instant couscous
½ cup chopped pistachios
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Freshly grated lime zest, as neededApricot-Balsamic Glaze
2 cups balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp apricot jamChicken and Apricots
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz each)
6 fresh apricots or 3 nectarines, cut in half and pits removed
Canola oil, for brushing
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put 1 1/2 cups water, the salt, cumin and pepper in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous, remove from the heat, cover and let sit until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer the couscous to a bowl, fluff with a fork and add the pistachios, mint, parsley and lime zest to taste. Set aside.Apricot-Balsamic Glaze
1. Put the vinegar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Whisk in the apricot jam and let cool slightly.Chicken and Apricots
1. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling.
2. Brush the chicken and apricots with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 9 minutes total. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Grill the apricots cut-side down until golden brown and slightly charred; turn over and grill until just heated through. Slice into wedges.
4. Transfer the couscous to a plate and arrange the chicken and apricots on top. Drizzle with the apricot-balsamic glaze.