Grilled Corn and Barley Salad with Goat Cheese and Blueberries
- prep time20 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 6
A fresh and summery salad that’s perfect for a barbecue.
Courtesy of Denise Bustard, sweetpeasandsaffron.com, Calgary, AB.
¼ cup (50 mL) white wine vinegar
¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
½ tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to tasteSalad
1 cup (250 mL) pearl barley, uncooked
2 cobs corn, husks removed
1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
½ cup (125 mL) almonds, sliced
¼ cup (125 mL) red onion, sliced
¼ cup (50 mL) parsley, chopped
1 pkg (4 oz/115 g) soft goat cheese, crumbled
1. In bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.Salad
1. Cook barley according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, heat barbecue to medium-high heat. Spray grill rack lightly with cooking spray. Grill corn, turning every 5 minutes, for 25 minutes. Cool, then cut kernels from cobs.
3. In large bowl, combine barley, corn, blueberries, almonds, red onion, parsley and goat cheese.
4. Pour reserved vinaigrette over salad ingredients and toss gently to combine.