Grilled Duck Breast with Blueberry Glaze
- serves 4
2 Muscovy duck breasts
2 Tbsp soy sauce (30 ml)
1 Tbsp herbes de Provence or mixed dried herbs (15 ml)
1 tsp freshly grated ginger (5 ml)
2 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Blueberry jelly (30 ml)
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
Sea salt and Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to high. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. For glaze combine soy sauce, herbes de Provence, ginger, garlic, blueberry jelly, orange zest and orange juice in a bowl and whisk until blended.
3. Score the fat on the duck breasts, season with salt and pepper and sear over high heat in a cast iron pan until they are golden and some of the fat has rendered.
4. Take out duck and drain fat from pan. Place breasts onto the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put them back in the pan and brush liberally with the glaze.
6. Finish cooking in the oven until medium-rare, about 8-10 minutes.
7. Brush with more glaze and slice the duck. Serve with any leftover glaze.