Grilled Ontario Turkey Steaks with Orange Honey Infused Cranberries
- serves 6
Recipe courtesy of Peter George, Executive Chef, 360, The Restaurant at the CN Tower.Yield is 6 servings.
3 cloves garlic, chopped
6 leaves fresh sage, chopped
1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
zest of half an orange
2 oz good quality olive oil
Kosher salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
6 6 oz turkey, steaks, from, the, breastOrange Honey Infused Cranberri
1 pkg fresh cranberries, (340 grams)
1 cup orange flower honey
½ cup freshly squeezed orange, juice
½ cinnamon stick
zest of half an orange
2 orange, segmentedHoney Roasted Root Vegetables
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
2 white turnip, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
3 medium carrot, peeled, cut into wedge sized pieces
4 medium parsnip, peeled, cut into wedge sized pieces
2 medium yellow beet, peeled, cut into wedges
coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
3 stalks celery, peeled, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 Tbsp buckwheat honey
1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsleyAssembly
1. Combine garlic, sage, parsley, orange zest and olive oil in a large, non-reactive bowl.
2. Add the turkey steaks and turn to coat.
3. Preheat a grill on medium-high heat.
4. Remove the turkey steaks from the marinade.
5. Season the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Grill the turkey steaks about 1 to 2 minutes per side or until the steaks are cooked all the way through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.Orange Honey Infused Cranberri
1. Place the cranberries, orange flower honey, orange juice and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Listen to the cranberries, when you hear them starting to pop (about 3 to 4 minutes) remove them from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Just before serving, fold in the orange zest and the orange segments.Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large ovenproof sauté pan heat the olive oil until it begins to smoke.
3. Add the butter and allow the butter to foam and brown.
4. Add the turnips, carrots, parsnips and beets and season with salt and pepper.
5. Saute the vegetables until they start to brown.
6. Place the vegetables into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
7. Add the celery and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and add the buckwheat honey and toss to coat all the vegetables.
9. Adjust the seasoning and finish with chopped Italian parsley.Assembly
1. Arrange some of the honey roasted root vegetables in the centre of each plate and top with a grilled turkey steak.
2. Finish the dish with a large spoonful of Orange Honey Infused Cranberries.