Grilled Potato Skins with Provolone, Bacon and Sour Cream
- serves 0
YIELD: 8 Servings
4 Large russet potatoes washed skin on
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cup mixed grated cheese provolone and cheddar
1 cup cooked crispy bacon drained and crumbled
½ cup chopped scallions
½ cup sour cream
1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Optional garnish: salsa
1. Preheat barbeque to 325°F (162°C) medium low. Leave 2 burners on and one burner off. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
2. Rub potatoes with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of the olive oil and prick all over with a fork. Place potatoes over indirect heat for 40-50 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
3. Remove from the grill and cool.
4. Using a sharp serrated knife slice the potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides leaving a ½ inch boarder of potato on the skin.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with oil paying close attention to the rim of the potato (the ½ inch border). Sprinkle the cheese and bacon equally among the potatoes.
6. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat 375°F (190°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking. Place potato skins cheese side up on the grill.
7. Close the lid, and allow potatoes to cook for 7-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the skin is crispy.
8. Remove from barbeque. Top with scallions, sour cream and salsa if desired.