Grilled Salmon Filets With Papaya Salsa
- serves 6
6 6 oz centre cut salmon fillets (skin on) (6-175-gram fillets)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Olive oil to brush on for grillingPapaya Salsa
1 fresh papaya, cut in half, seeds removed.
1 red onion
½ red pepper
½ yellow pepper
1 bunch basil, finely chopped
2 clove garlic
2 limes, juice only
1 tsp lime zest (5 mL)
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided (25 mL)
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar (15 mL)
¼ tsp each salt and pepper
1. Cube mango and papaya, transfer to a medium non-reactive bowl.
2. Dice onion and peppers, add to papaya and mango. Finely chop basil and garlic, add to bowl.
3. Mix in lime juice and zest, 2 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar and let stand. (Can be made ahead.)
4. Let fish stand at room temperature before grilling. Run fingers across filet to make sure all bones are removed.
5. Heat grill pan or barbecue.
6. Season fillets with salt and pepper and lightly brush with remaining olive oil.
7. Grill fish, starting with flesh side down over medium-high heat, for about 2 minutes per side or until pink inside (do not overcook)
8. Serve immediately with salsa.Papaya Salsa