Grilled Scallops with Watermelon Salsa
- serves 0
A healthy dish with fresh summer flavours from Matt Dunigan that all seafood lovers will enjoy.
20 large de-bearded scallops
1 Tbsp chilli garlic oil – premade/store bought
2 tsp grated ginger
¼ cup finely minced green onion
Salt and pepper to tasteWatermelon Salsa
2 cup watermelon diced into 1/8 inch cubes
1 cup of cucumber diced into 1/8 inch cubes
2 Tbsp minced red onion
2 Tbsp sliced green onion
Juice of 2 limes
2 tsp jalapeno minced fine
2 Tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
Salt to taste
1. Rinse scallops and place on a clean towel. Pat dry and place them on a baking tray.
2. Coat the scallops generously with chilli garlic oil. Cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat barbeque to high heat 450°F-475°F (246°C).
4. Oil the grill grates to help prevent sticking.
5. Flip and repeat.
6. Remove from grill, drizzle with lemon juice if desired, and serve with salsa alone or with summer greens.Watermelon Salsa
1. For the salsa combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss gently. Taste for seasoning. Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.