Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Garlic, Chili and Parsley
- prep time10 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 2-4
Simple and fresh shrimp skewers for summer grilling.
Courtesy of Katerina Wright.
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 dried Thai chilies, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
3 dozen shrimp or prawns, heads and shells removed, de-veined with their tails on.
1. Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, garlic, chilies, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Add shrimp and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them at the same time in water. This will help prevent them from catching on fire when on the grill.
4. Skewer the prawns. For each prawn skewer at the top of tail and through the head.
5. Heat your barbecue to medium high and grease it.
6. Grill each skewer for 90 seconds per side and check that it is cooked through– it will vary based on size of shrimps.