Grilled Stuffed Blueberry Marscapone French Toast
- serves 6
1 loaf Brioche bread
½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup marscapone cheese cold
3 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
¾ cup blueberries
1 ½ cup half-and-half or milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of kosher salt
Freshly grated nutmeg
Oil for coating grill grate
Maple syrup warmed slightly
2 Tbsp melted butter for brushing
1. Slice bread ½ inch thickness 12 slices.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mascarpone, the confectioners’ sugar, and the lemon zest.
3. Spread the filling equally on 6 slices of bread and top with blueberries. Place the remaining 6 pieces of bread on top of the filling, like a sandwich and press gently to close.
4. Place the stuffed bread on a large baking tray.
5. Whisk together the eggs, half and half, vanilla, a grating of nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
6. Dip the bread in mixture, soak for 1 minute and let excess mixture drip off.
7. Heat the grill to medium heat 350°F (180°C) and oil grill to prevent sticking.
8. Place each of the French toast on the grill and cook until nicely browned and crisp on the outside, about 3 minutes per side. Watch closely for burning.
9. Transfer French toast to a platter, brush with melted butter. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.