Grilled Tequila Garlic Lime Flank Steak
- serves 6
Spicy grilled steak that's just calling for a warm corn tortilla.
1 cup roughly chopped garlic (about 3 bulbs)
¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 large limes)
½ cup clear tequila
¼ cup soy sauce
1 bunch roughly chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
1 tsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
1 ½ - 2 lbs flank steak
12 corn tortillas, wrapped in foilGarnishes
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 bunch radishes, cleaned, ends cut and sliced
⅓ cup grated queso fresco cheese
2 ripe avocados, seeded and sliced
3 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced in wedges
Hot sauce, for serving
1. Combine the garlic, lime juice, tequila, soy sauce, cilantro, peppers, cumin and black pepper in a resealable plastic gallon bag.
2. Add the steak and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator, and let marinate at room temperature another 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Put the marinade in small saucepot and bring to a boil. Then strain and reserve.
4. Put the tortillas on the corner of the grill and flip the package a few times to heat through while the steak is cooking
5. Place the steak on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turn 180ºF, and cook for 3 minutes more (to create cross grill marks). Flip over and finish cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest, lightly covered, for 5 minutes.Garnishes
1. Slice against the grain, and serve immediately with the reserved marinade, garnishes, tortillas and hot sauce.