Grilled Tuna Tataki Bowl
- prep time60 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 2
This is my version of Tuna Tataki - a dish of seared yellowfin tuna, pink in the middle, served with a delicious soy lime ginger sauce.
1 lb(s) fresh sushi grade yellowfin tuna steak
¼ cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp Montreal steak Seasoning
4 red radish - thinly sliced
¼ 1/4 seedless cucumber - thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro - chopped
1 heaping tsp toasted black or white sesame seedsLime Chilli Soy Sauce
¼ cup light soy sauce
1 clove garlic - finely minced
1 inch ginger - finely minced
1 tsp chilli oil
1 lime - juiced
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse tuna steak and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a baking dish and add soy sauce and sesame oil. sprinkle each side with steak spice, making sure both sides are well coated. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. When the tuna has marinated, pre-heat bbq grill until it is hot enough that you cannot hold your hand over it for more than 5 seconds. Place the tuna on the grill and do not move or disturb it for 4 minutes.
3. After 4 minutes, flip the tuna and grill on the second side for 2-3 minutes. both sides should be well seared.
4. When the tuna is ready, remove it to a tray and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 10 minutes.
5. Slice the tuna, against the grain, and pile into a bowl with fresh sticky rice, raw radish, cucumber, cilantro and shallots. dress with spoonfuls of sauce to your taste.Lime Chilli Soy Sauce
1. To prepare the sauce, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli oil, lime juice and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
See more at: http://www.apurefoodkitchen.com/