Harvest Gouda and Vegetable Chowder
- prep time20 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 6
A warm, hearty soup that delivers heaps of Gouda and tons of flavour.
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cup (500 mL) cauliflower, chopped
2 cup (500 mL) broccoli, chopped
2 cup (500 mL) carrot, chopped
2 can (10 oz / 284 mL each) salt-reduced condensed chicken broth, undiluted
2 cup (500 mL) milk
¼ cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup (375 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda* cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in large saucepan. Cook and stir onion over medium-high heat until tender. Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and condensed chicken broth. Bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Whisk milk into flour until smoothly combined; add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
4. Remove pan from heat; add 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Gouda cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle the rest of cheese and serve.