- serves 2
¼ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
1 bunch of chives, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp steak spice
1 big pinch of Greek oregano
1 big pinch of hot chili flakes
1 big pinch of sea salt and black pepper
½ lb(s) fresh ground organic chuck
1 Tbsp canola oilMayonnaise
⅓ cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 pinch sea salt & freshly cracked pepperToppings and Assembly
4 slices Applewood smoked bacon
2 fresh pineapple slices, 1/2” thick
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar
2 slices mozzarella cheese
2 brioche buns, toasted and cut in half
2 challah buns, toasted and cut in half
1 ripe tomato, sliced into rounds
2 pickles, sliced
1. In a bowl, mix egg, parsley, chives, garlic, steak spice, Greek oregano, chili flakes and sea salt.
2. Add beef and squish together for a minute to season beef, don’t over-mix, cover and refrigerate.
3. Shape beef into 2 wide 1-inch thick patties.
4. Heat canola oil in a pan on medium-high.
5. Sear patties for 2 minutes on each side, until they develop a nice crust. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 4 minutes per side.
6. Top each patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese and melt.Mayonnaise
1. In a food processor, blend together mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper.Toppings and Assembly
1. Heat a big pan on medium and line up the bacon slices. Cook until golden and crispy. Drain.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush both sides of the pineapple with butter and lightly sprinkle with brown sugar. Place on baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, until caramelized.
3. Slather chipotle mayo on toasted broche buns, add lettuce, tomato, pickles, burger patty with melted cheese, bacon and a slice of caramelized pineapple.