Hot Hawaiian Beef Sandwiches
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 24
The perfect thing for a delicious lunch or mouth-watering dinner, these sandwiches are bookended with Hawaiian sweet rolls that provide a soft, tender bite.
24 dinner rolls, such as King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
½ cup salad dressing, spread such as Miracle Whip
Hot sauce, to taste
24 slices deli roast beef
12 slices pepper Jack cheese
1 stick butter
1 Tbsp lemon pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Slice the rolls in half and place the bottoms in a single layer in a 9-by-13-inch dish.
3. Mix the salad dressing and some hot sauce together in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the rolls in the dish. Layer on the roast beef and then the cheese over the rolls. Place the top halves of the rolls on the cheese.
4. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter with the lemon pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Drizzle or brush the butter mixture over the sandwiches. Cover with foil.
5. Bake until the cheese melts, 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover and cook until lightly browned, about another 2 minutes. Serve hot.