Italian Baked Chicken with Fusilli and Mixed Beans
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Approximately 1 1/2 - 2 lbs / 675 g - 900 g)
1 tsp Dried Rosemary for all (Not Ground)
½ tsp Brown Sugar Per Thigh
1 can Sliced Mushrooms, Drained (10 oz / 284 ml)
1 can or Jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce (24 oz / 680 mL)
1 can Hunts 4 Cheese or Garlic and Herb pasta sauce
½ tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
Pinch of Basil Leaves (Not Ground)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
¾ lb(s) Fusilli Pasta (375 gms)
1 tsp Olive Oil (Optional)
1. Take out equipment and ingredients. Set oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unravel chicken thighs and lay flat in a large oven-safe cake pan or casserole dish.
3. You can scrunch them together. Sprinkle with rosemary and brown sugar.
4. Drain mushrooms and scatter sliced mushrooms over each thigh.
5. Cover each thigh with pasta sauce one spoon at a time and place in hot oven uncovered. Set timer for 40 minutes.
6. Rinse beans in a colander under cold water.
7. Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid.
8. Sprinkle with spice and toss in soy sauce.
9. Cover and microwave at high for 4 minutes then let stand.
10. Fill a large stove top pot with water. Set aside on stovetop. When timer rings for the chicken, leave the chicken in the oven until pasta is done.
11. The 40 minute timer was just a reminder to put the pasta on. Boil water for pasta. Add pasta to boiling water. Set timer for 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
12. When timer rings: Rinse pasta in a colander under hot water. Return to pot, no heat, and toss with a little olive oil if you wish.
13. Toss beans and microwave at high for 2 additional minutes just before serving.