2 large bags (900 g) noodles (macaroni, rotini, fusilli, or your choice)
1 large brick (500 g) mozzarella, shredded
1 large brick (500 g) old Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 large brick (500 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 lb(s) bacon, chopped prior to frying and cooked lightly
½ lb(s) salted butter
3 Tbsp Fire Rub
1. Boil pasta, strain and cool.
2. Grate cheese, combine all three in a bowl.
3. Spray or butter baking pan.
4. Add first layer of pasta.
5. Place thin slices of butter randomly across pasta.
6. Cover with cheese.
7. Shake Fire Rub over cheese.
8. Spread bacon on top of cheese.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until complete.
10. Make sure you have lots of cheese for the top layer. The crust is important!
11. Heat oven to 350ºF and bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is crisp on top.