1. Place chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl.
2. Heat cream in a small pot over medium heat until it begins to steam and bubbles appear around edge of pot. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes.
3. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to portion into balls, about 1 hour.
4. Portion into 1 tablespoons balls. Place on a tray or plate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, roll each ball in cocoa powder. Place 2 balls onto a skewer and use as a garnish.
1. Beat yolks and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until pale and doubled in volume.
2. Add mascarpone gradually until fully combined and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and gradually add melted chocolate and extract to combine.
3. Whip cream in a medium bowl with a hand mixer on high until medium peaks. Stir 1/3 of cream into mascarpone mixture. Gently fold in remaining cream. Gently fold in raspberries.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mascarpone mixture into each martini glass. Dip a lady-finger in espresso and break in half. Place over mascarpone mixture. Repeat with each glass. Next, top each dessert with 1/4 cup mascarpone mixture. Dip 2 cookies, break in half and place over mascarpone mixture. Repeat with each glass. Top each dessert evenly with remaining mascarpone mixture, smoothing to cover cookies.
5. Dust with cocoa or raspberry powder and a truffle skewer before serving.