- serves 0
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup popcorn
¼ cup white sugar
Salt to taste
1. Preheat barbeque to high heat.
2. Set a cast iron pot on the grill to preheat for 10 minutes (keep barbeque lid closed). Alternatively, if you have a side burner, place the pan over high heat for 3 minutes and continue with recipe.
3. Place the oil in the pan and heat for 2 minutes. Add 3 kernels of popcorn to the pan. Wait for the kernels to pop. When they do pop, add the rest of the popcorn.
4. Once popcorn sizzles, pour in the sugar. Using a wooden spoon, stir to evenly mix the corn and the sugar.
5. Place the lid on the pan and shake using barbeque gloves or a dry towel.
6. Allow popcorn to continue cooking, while constantly shaking for 4 minutes. Once the popping has subsided, remove popcorn from the barbeque or side burner and pour onto a baking tray.
7. While the popcorn is still super hot, sprinkle with salt, so the salt sticks to the corn.